Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Motherhood is a Journey

Who said being a mother is easy, it is one of the hardest journey's you will ever take , but it is so rewarding.

I have 19 years experience as a mother with four children. People always think that I have wisdom beyond wisdom, but the truth be told some days or trials that we face, we feel like a brand new mother.

Just the difference between boys and girls..I had three boys and then a girl, I really thought I had it down with the first three, then when i had my little girl it was like it was the first time being a mother.

If there is one piece of wisdom that I have gained as a mother of 19 years, it is to cherish every moment.
You believe when you have your first child that you have a whole life of being a mother ahead of you....It goes in a heartbeat, more quicker than you would ever think. Cherish every moment, laugh at every little thing, be patient with all the stresses, scoop up all the hugs you can get, say a million" I love you's". Before you know it, they are all grown up and leaving on their own journey.

For all the Mothers out there, you are worth all that God and life has to offer, more valuable than gold.

2 comments:

  1. My last child left the nest last year. I never thought I would feel like an "empty-nester," but I do. I miss my kids terribly. So your advice to "Cherish every moment, laugh at every little thing, be patient with all the stresses, scoop up all the hugs you can get, say a million" I love you's" is right on target.

    You will need these memories in your heart when they are off on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, Mine left to return to Scotland last year after moving here, talk about separation anxiety. Hang in there I hear it gets better.

    ReplyDelete